Thursday, July 22, 2010

That night in bed

The ball ended, and I was a little overwhelmed with all that had happened. Aunt Georgie stood by the door bidding the gusts goodnight. Lee rushed over and took my hand, "Lizzy I must talk to you!"
"I know." I answered, taking my hand from his grip.
"When? It must be soon, I can not bear-"
"I know," I interrupted, "Tomorrow in the garden."
"Thank you!" He said, his eyes gleaming with gratitude, and with that he bounded away.

I fell into my wonderful bed exhausted. I lay there for a moment in my night dress looking up at the ceiling, thinking on the day.
"Lizzy?" I heard a whisper.
"Yes Liza?"
"Can I talk to you?"
"Of course.'' Liza got out of her bed and came to mine, laying next to me, looking up, she sighed.
"Roll over and I'll rub your back." I offered. She did so.
"What is on your mind?" I asked her gently.
"Lee!" She groaned.
I gave a small laugh. 
"It's not something to laugh over, Lizzy!" She said.
I smothered a smile, "Yes, I'm sorry."
"How beastly I was tonight," she said violently, "And yet, how could he? Lee can be so thoughtless sometimes. How could he?"
"How could he make you fall in love with him?" I asked her.
Liza shot up, grabbing my shoulders she asked, "How did you know?"
"I know you, Liza."
"Do you think he knows?"
"No." She fell back down and gave another sigh.
"What do I do?" She moaned.
"Nothing, you wait." I answered.
"But its so hard!"
"I know, but you will live." Liza sat up and gave me a hug, "I love you, little sister!"
Hugging her back I said, "I love you, too."
And we went to bed.

3 comments:

Kathleen S. said...

Post again soon! Post again soon! Post again soon!!!!

Okay okay, but I love your story and can hardly wait until one of these long-time-frustrated people gets their heart to its home. :D

But I'm a little puzzled....it almost sounds like Lee likes Lizzy...Noooooooo! Love triangles are the worst! Work on his emotions and don't leave Lizzy languishing, I beg thee!

Kathleen S. said...

I beg your pardon! Don't leave LIZA languishing. Although please be nice to Lizzy, too. :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post :) I'm glad we're being nice to Lee and Liza. Unhappy love stories are hard sometimes :P


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones