Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What happend in the library.

I followed her into the library, which was a grand room lined with shelves, with a table, six chairs and an empty fire place. Cassie brought me a book I had long wanted to try. 'Tis called Life of Johnson, by James Broswell.
"Thank you Cassie! May I read it for awhile?"
She smiled "Yes Lizzy, I will come get you in a bit." And with that she left me to my reading.
I must have been there for over a half an hour, when I heard.
"Madame?"
I looked up into the eyes of a man about twenty, with beautiful kind brown eyes.
"Madame?" He said again.
I shook myself and smiled slightly, "Yes?"
He bowed and smiled back, "I was, um, coming to retrieve a book. That I lent Leland. Do you know the Smiths?"
I stood up from my chair and replied, "Yes, I do, my father Mr.Darcy grew up with Leland's father."
His face lit up, "Then you must be either Liza or Lizzy. Leland speaks of you all the time."
I curtsied, "I am Lizzy. Lisbeth Darcy."
He bowed, "And I am Francis Gould."

1 comment:

Chloe M. Kookogey said...

I cannot believe that no one has commented on this post - it is great! I was just going back and reading the archives from last year. A bit late, I know, but I'm going to say it anyway: lovely job, Lizzy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones